Sunday, March 12, 2017 - The Life Is In the Blood
Pastor Roger Marcos
March 12, 2017
For in Him We Live and Move and have Our Being.' Acts 17:28.
The Bible is a Book of blood. The Bible it was tainted with blood. The blood of Christ is the very LIFE and POWER of the Gospel.
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword." - Hebrews 4:12
Meaning "Quick" "LIVING" or "ALIVE." The word of God is a living Word, wholly distinct from all other books for just one reason, namely that it contains blood circulating through every page and in every verse.
10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
13 And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall pour out even the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
B L O O D- LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD BECAUSE BLOOD REMOVES HARMFUL ELEMENTS FROM THE BODY.
The important role in regulating the body's systems and maintaining homeostasis. It performs many functions within the body.
Homeostasis The ability of a system or living organism to adjust its internal environment to maintain a stable equilibrium.
Supplying nutrients such as glucose, amino acids, and fatty acids either dissolved in the blood or bound to plasma protein.
- It removes carbon dioxide.- It transports wastes.
- It fights infections and removes them from the body.
- It removes excess salt.
1. The Vehicle of Life! It’s so amazing how human being been created by God. The completeness of our being- every part are important. but on the other hand WITHOUT BLOOD ALL FRESH DIES.
From Genesis to Revelation we see the stream of blood which imparts to this Book the very life of God. Without the blood in the Bible it would be like any other book and of no more value, for the Bible plainly teaches that the life is in the blood. As we begin this brief series of messages, therefore, on the blood, we must begin with one fundamental principle found in the Bible. This fundamental principle is given in Leviticus 17, as follows;
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." - Leviticus 17:11
2. Without the Blood of Christ, We Die Spiritually & Eternally!
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrew 9:22
Blood in God’s Plan.
1. Animal Blood (life) could Not Take Away Sins. Hebrews 10:1-4 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming-not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
- Shadow of Christ - 10:1
- Consciousness of sins - 10:2-3
- Faith of the worshipper - 10:3
- God’s favor & forbearance - Rom. 3:25 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished.
25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past
2. Christ Blood (Life) Accomplished Atonement!
10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Hebrew 10:10-12
God Demands Justice!
1. Sin Required that a Price Be Paid!
- Why? Sin Is a Violation of God’s law! 1 Jn. 3:4
- Could Not Be Paid by Man! Rom. 3:23 For “all have sinned.
2. God Has Always Demanded a Blood Sacrifice!
- Because: Life is in the blood! - Lev. 17:11-16
- Animal blood was not sufficient! - Heb. 10:1-4
- The blood of Christ was sufficient! - 1 Pet. 1:1919 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
- No remission without the shedding of blood! - Heb. 9:22
The Power of Christ’s Blood!
- Washes Sin Away - Rev. 1:5
- Cleanses - 1 Jn. 1:7
- Redeems - Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14- In Him we have ____
- Forgives - Eph. 1:7
- Reconciles - Col. 1:20; Eph. 2:15-16
Why Did Jesus Die?
So That We Might be reconciled to God! Eph. 2:16
- Reconcile = to change from condemned sinner to forgiven saint!
“When we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son”! Rom. 5:10
- He reconciled the world unto himself, “not imputing their trespasses unto them”! 1 Cor. 5:19
- We receive this reconciliation by obedience to the gospel! Rom. 6:4-8
- There Is Life In The Blood!
- Blood has always been in God’s plan!
- God Demanded The Shedding Of Christ Blood!
- Why Christ’s Blood Was Shed!
- What The Shedding of Christ’s Blood Accomplished!
SALVATION of mankind!