Sunday, May 15, 2016 - Christ: Eternal Insurance
Pastor Roger Marcos
May 15, 2016
Greetings and Welcome
I want to share with you today this Eternal Insurance plan that everyone needs to be aware of and what our soul needs to invest in for eternity.
Essential Facts of the Institution
1. Home office is in Heaven. 2 Corinthians 5:1-2 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven.
2. Branch offices - Local churches Ephesians 3:10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.
3. The founder Christ. Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth
4. Date of Origin: AD 33. Acts 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
5. Rate the Book THE BIBLE. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
The Company's Standing
1. Capital: "Unsearchable Riches"
Ephesians 3:8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the Un-searchable riches of Christ.
2. Reserve: Heaven.
1 Peter 1:4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.
3. Liabilities: Accepts All
John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
4. Surplus: Above Asking.
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
5. Dividend: Hundredfold
Mark 10:30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time-houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life
Conditions of Christ’s Policy
1. Belief in Christ.
John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
Acts 16:31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Luke 13:3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.
3. Confess Christ.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Acts 8:37 Then Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Galatians 3:26-27 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ
How to Pay Your Premiums
1. By Worship
Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 20:7 Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.
Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
2. By Service
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast,
immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Colossians 3:23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
3. Keeping Pure.
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
2 John 9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
Revelation 2:10.....Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
Christ’s Policy Does Not Cover
1. Those who do not hear Christ
Acts 3:23 AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERY SOUL WHO WILL NOT HEAR THAT PROPHET SHALL BE UTTERLY DESTROYED FROM AMONG THE PEOPLE.'
2. The disobedient
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
3. Those that have "faith only" without works of obedience.
James 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
4. The fearful, murderers, etc.
5. Those who cause division in the Lord's church - casting asunder this insurance policy
Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
6. Those who deny Christ
What is it in your life that is keeping you from investing in the
Lord's eternal insurance policy?
Matthew 16:26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Is there anything that you may be giving in exchange for your soul that will keep you from investing in the Lord's insurance policy?